Monday, May 2, 2011

Part Deux: Das Matron of Honor

 Awesome Auntie to my son, marvelous Mommy to my niece and nephew, wonderful wifey to my big brother, my very own sweet sister and matron of honor... it's

NIFFERS!

I met Jenna... um, I can't even remember how long ago. I think I was still in high school actually. Matt brought her over for lunch one Sunday after church because he wanted us to meet the girl he was dating. I got to know her a little bit better a little bit at a time (what can I say? Matt was a Jenna hog!). Now, all of my "TMI" stories get told to Jenna first. She was the second person I told about our engagement (after my momma, of course). She was wonderfully excited. There was yelling and jumping and dancing. It was the best reaction I could've gotten.


I just love my Jenna. She gives great advice, always listens and is never judgemental. I always call her my sister because one- it saves me two syllables by dropping the "in law" and two- she is my sister! The best one I could ever ask for... which is apparently extremely confusing for the people in my life because it's always assumed that we're biological sisters because we look so much alike (at least that's what I've been told about a zillion and one times). I only wish we had more time to spend together. Between both of us having kids now and working, we rarely get a chance to hang out. But she's always there when I need her- like when I needed a date for the Evelyn Evelyn show!

She makes me laugh so hard. She's always finding the most random things on the Internet. She is a fantastic ridiculous dance party partner. She was there every step of the way through my courtship with Josh to give me advice. She's even the one who came up with the nickname "Mr. Perfect"  (which is still what it says on my cell phone when he calls).

I'm so excited that she'll be standing next to me on our special day.

I love you, Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment