Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Love Of My Life...


Isn't he the dreamiest?

I met Josh last year. It wasn't love at first sight... it took a good 20 minutes or so before I totally fell for him, lol. I believe the precise moment was during our discussion of The Mountain Goats :) And here we are, about a year later and we're planning our wedding! So many times during the week I feel like I'll wake up at any moment because I can't believe I finally found the man that God had planned for me all along. He is the best partner I could ask for- we are similar in so many ways, which is awesome and our differences are equally wonderful because he's taught me so much (example- I'm not the best communicator; he is an excellent communicator and has really encouraged me in expressing my feelings instead of keeping everything bottled up). He is so thoughtful and kind, quite possibly the funniest person I've ever met, and an incredibly fantastic Daddy (just ask Benjamin!). My intention in starting this blog was not so much to just gush over Joshy, but to catalogue our adventures in starting our family together- which means you can expect posts from the wonderful man himself at some point.

The name of the blog, "The Other Side of an Ampersand" was Josh's idea. I have a diamond ampersand necklace that I used to wear all the time when we first started dating. He asked me about it once and I told him it was meaningful to me because it reminded me to not repeat an old mistake of losing my identity in a relationship and instead of being me, focusing on trying to change to please someone else and feeling like I became just the other side of an ampersand. I still have the necklace and I don't wear it as much but when I do, looking at it brings me so much joy because I am so thrilled to share an ampersand with Josh... who loves me exactly the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment