Saturday, April 30, 2011

Meet my Bridesmaids: Part One

Happy Birthday, Lacey!!



I met Lacey the summer before I started 10th grade. We spent the summer pretending like we could play the guitar in her lawn, "camping" in the grass (also in her lawn), walking around on the beach and all around having a blast doing pretty much nothing but being together with Ms. Corynn. She moved to California and we lost touch for YEARS after that. Then, a few years after I had moved to California, I found her on myspace and realized she lived about 15 minutes down the 5 from me! We made plans to get together and I went to her house a week later. I was so nervous! You never know how it's going to turn out when you haven't seen someone in a long time that you were close to at one point. It can get awkward. Luckily, it wasn't! For the next year or so (until I moved back to Washington) we saw each other pretty much every day. We were able to reconnect and became so much closer than we had been before. She was there for me during the hardest part of my life so far. She has been my sounding board, my advocate, my best friend. We spent the year going shopping, snorkeling at the beach (okay, so that was only one time but it was so much fun it should be mentioned!), making crafts for the Encinitas Farmer's Market, telling secrets, using a long board to go sledding (lol)... I miss her almost every day! Luckily I can call her any time. She gives the best advice! I also had the chance to fall in love with her little boy, Ashland. I had the pleasure of babysitting him several times and now that Benjamin is getting to the same age Ash was when I left, he reminds me so much of that precious little boy! Who, I should mention, is growing into a beautiful big boy! Another reason I love Lacey so much is she taught me so much about what it means to be a great mama. I admire her in so many ways. Having a friend who inspires you is so priceless! I also should mention, her hubby Paul is an incredible musician! Check out The Paul Cannon Band and go see them live if you get the chance! You might even catch a glimpse of my Lacey!

1 comment:

  1. that is so sweet!!! I miss you too. And now that I know I am a Bridesmaid you better pick cute dresses! lol miss you soo much. I feel honored by the way!

    ReplyDelete