Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finally Getting Around to Things

Holy changes in the Farnworth house! I am so terrible about updating our blog. I'm sure you've heard this excuse before (from me!) but between Josh and I working more than 40 hours a week each, things got a little out of control. Our house looks like a tornado hit it on the inside and a jungle outside. The pile mountain of laundry was as tall as it had ever been and I felt constantly exhausted and even though I was making sure I spent quality time with Ben before bed every day, I always felt like it wasn't enough.  So we made a big decision. I gave my notice at work about 3 weeks ago and worked my last day this past Tuesday. I'm not going to lie, the first couple of days have been a little rough. I told Joshua I was expecting being a stay at home wife and momma to be the most difficult job I've ever had. It hasn't been yet. It's been great to be home with Benjamin and tackle some of the things that have needed attention for so long but I will say I keep finding myself feeling a little overwhelmed. Benjamin and I are having a great time together. Playing at the park, chasing each other around the house, and doing lots of cuddling. It's just a big change. With Joshua gone from Thursday until Tuesday, it's been weird. Parenting without him just feels off. I can't wait for him to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment