Monday, June 18, 2012

Crafting with the Tiny

While Ben was busy working on his project for Daddy, I worked on one of my own. For months I've been drooling over personalized welcome signs like this one on Etsy.
Prices range from $30-$40 plus shipping for the ones I've seen. Since I'm not working anymore, I can't really justify the unnecessary expense. My lovely hubster would gladly purchase one for me if I asked but I'm trying to be frugal here so I thought I'd try making my own.

I had a wooden plaque that has been sitting in my craft storage for well over a year... maybe even two. I raided my craft supplies and pulled out some scrapbooking paper, the left over mod podge and book pages from the dresser project and some stickers. Here's where I ended up:
Not exactly the look I was going for but I'm going to hang it above our mailbox next to our front door anyway. You can't really see it in the photo (taken in our bathroom while Benjamin happily splashed away in the tub) but there are two paisley swirly gigs at the bottom center placed to look remarkably like a mustache. We Farnworths dig a good 'stache.

No comments:

Post a Comment