Thursday, August 9, 2012

Corners: The Hallway

Our 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are all down this hallway. This long, dust-bunny attracting hallway. With the lack of wall space in the living room, a lot of stuff ended up getting hung up here. I've mentioned before that when I moved in with Josh, there was nothing on the walls. Even though his walls were naked, he did have a lot of art hanging around waiting to be framed and hung. Here are some of my favorites...
Okay, so this one isn't courtesy of Joshua, but still. It's the entrance to Benjamin's room. One of my favorite photos of us (thank you, Renee!) from his newborn photo shoot and a giant B I found at Kohl's on clearance when I was pregnant with him. Oh, and the thermostat. Lest we forget the thermostat.
This Invisible Monsters poster isn't technically part of our hallway. It hangs just outside the kitchen (hello, orange!). It's one of Josh's favorite books and it's the first book I read at his recommendation. It reminds me of when we were first dating, so of course, it makes me smile.

This one is another print from Kevin Tong who also did our Invisible Monsters poster. This one has some metallic gold ink in it- so pretty when the light hits it just right.

This one hangs right across from our main bathroom door. Who doesn't want to be greeted by Neko Case after a morning potty?!

My mom hates this one. She calls it "the dirty picture" due to the visible side boob. It's by one of our favorite artists, Tara McPherson. We have her illustrations hiding in random places around the house. Stickers on Nalgene bottles, screensavers on our massive computer, her coffee table book... she's amazing.  Josh also have a set of limited edition original prints but I refuse to hang them (visible naughty bits and all). So they live safely tucked away in our linen closet, haha.

And here's where it starts to get a little messy...
I plastered one large section of wall with a ton of mismatched frames. A lot of them came from Josh's Dad (thanks, Dad!). In this pic, you can see Father Farnworth's Navy photo and under that him with cutie baby Josh.

When my Papa died, I acquired a bunch of family photos. Photos of my ENTIRE family from the early 80's and early 90's (I need to frame a picture of all of us from our family reunion a few years ago). I also snagged some large prints of my family of 4's pictures. This end is just outside our bedroom door. Every morning I'm  greeted by my family's smiling faces and 90's fashion. I'm so thankful for the family I have. I have a special place in my heart for my Aunt & Uncle in California and my cousins in Vegas. So many excellent memories. Seeing these photos every morning always seems to dig up a new one. Also a fav on this side is the picture of Father Farnworth holding baby Joshua up by a foot- like a fish.

I've thought about painting all the frames to match (maybe white), but so far it's just one of those things I haven't gotten around to.

And last but not least, when I said there were owls in every room of our house, the hallway is no exception. This is a layered collage I made when I was pregnant with Ben. You can't really see the detail (thanks, iPhone) but I promise it's cuter than it looks in the photo.

And that's it! Our bookshelves also live in our hallway but I didn't take any pictures because they are overflowing with books. Literally. I need to clean them out. Again. Both Josh and I had insane collections of books. After combining them and purging what we were willing to part with, we still ended up with a ton of books in our storage unit and more in the house than our shelves can accommodate. Perhaps we need to watch an episode of Hoarders and try cleaning it out again. Either way, our kids will be inheriting some pretty awesome books when they're older.








No comments:

Post a Comment