Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1,000 Gifts

I started reading 1,000 Gifts this week and it's given me a lot to think about! I'm about half way through and decided to start keeping my own list of gifts or blessings or things that just make me smile. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for. We'll see how long it takes me to blog it to 1000! And so it begins... in no particular order.

1. The sound of Benjamin snoring
2. My husband's kisses
3. Making pancakes in the morning
4. The weight of the cat on my lap
5. Sunny, windy days like today
6. Playful kitten bites on my fingers
7. Bubble baths
8. The fringe on my dog's tail
9. Watching my baby sleep
10. Being in the middle of a Farnworth Family sandwich
11. Sticky syrup kisses from Benjamin
12. Fresh baked bread
13. The smell of the library
14. Sand in my shoes after a day at the park
15. Wax melting on the stove
16. Delicious dinners made with love
17. Quarters in the bottom of the washing machine
18.  Listening to Benjamin speak for his toys
19. Every single time my tiny uses his manners without prompting
20. Getting the giggles

1 comment:

  1. Loved that book. I need to read it again. I have yet to start my own list on paper but I do try and remember to be thankful for more of the little things everyday.

    ReplyDelete